Budget EngagementBalancing Act is a fun and easy way for residents to learn about public budgets and the choices their elected officials face in the budgeting process. It allows participants to try allocating funds— expressing their priorities and preferences.
Tax Receipt is an app that estimates the portions of sales and property taxes paid by Wheat Ridge residents that are available to use for city services.
Open Budget is a budget transparency software that presents the City budget in an easy to use online format that includes interactive charts and graphs.
The City of Wheat Ridge's budget develops the road map necessary for providing programs and services to citizens of Wheat Ridge. The City Council and City staff put a great deal of effort and time into preparing the annual budget. The City's annual budget process includes considerable staff participation from all departments, along with City Council direction concerning key policy areas as well as input from residents.
Important steps in the 2017 budget process include:
- Public Input: July 25, 2016 First Opportunity, August 22, 2016 Second Opportunity
- Proposed Budget Available for Viewing October 17, 2016
- Proposed Budget Presented to City Council November 7, 2016
- View the Nov. 7 Budget Presentation
- Public Hearing on Proposed Budget November 14, 2016
- View the Nov. 14 Public Hearing Budget Presentation
- Adoption of Budget