Climbing is included with your Recreation Center admission!
- 30' indoor rock climbing wall
- Six available top-rope stations
- 600 sq. ft. climbing area
- Full height crack and other natural features
- Routes for all ability levels
- Bouldering line
- Free equipment check-out available by request
- Free Safety Orientations & Belay Training!
- Group rentals
- All climbers must sign a Waiver of Liability (PDF) and attend a Safety Orientation prior to using the Climbing Wall. A parent/legal guardian must sign the Waiver for minors under the age of 18.
- Children age 5 and under are not permitted to use the Climbing Wall at any time.
- Parents/legal guardians of youth age 6 to 11 must attend the Safety Orientation with their child and accompany them at the Climbing Wall at all times.
- Belay Training is limited to climbers age 12 and older.
- Belay certified youth age 12 to 17 may only belay other climbers age 12 or older under the supervision of Climbing Wall staff during Supervised Climbing hours.
- Belay certified adults 18 and older are permitted to climb and belay others during Supervised and/or Open Climb hours.
To start climbing follow these steps:
1. Sign the Waiver of Liability (PDF) (required)
2. Attend a Safety Orientation* (required)
3. Get Belay Certified* (optional, ages 12+ only)
*Experienced climbers may "test out" of the Safety Orientation and Belay Training with Climbing Wall staff during Supervised Climbing hours.
Information coming soon!
Wheat Ridge Recreation Center
4005 Kipling St.
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Belay Certified adults only.
10 am - 8 pm
Monday - Thursday
5 am - 10 pm
5 am - 6 pm
7 am - 8 pm
Climbing Staff available to belay & conduct safety orientations.
Monday & Wednesday
4 pm - 7 pm
12 pm - 3 pm
FREESafety Orientations & Belay Training!
Offered during Supervised Climb. First come, first served.
Please allow 45 - 60 min.
Belay Training 12+ only
Reserve a time slot with climbing staff at orientation or Jim Spaulding.
4 pm or 5:30 pm