Learn how to use fitness equipment safely and effectively.
Fitness orientations include demonstrations on proper use of fitness equipment and information on safety and weight room etiquette. Orientations are free with Recreation Center admission and passes, no registration required. Meet at the fitness desk upstairs at the Recreation Center during scheduled orientation times. Please wear proper athletic attire and shoes.
Ages and Requirements
- Fitness orientations are available to everyone age 8 and older, and are mandatory for youth ages 8 to 17 who want to work out on the fitness floor. Youth ages 8 to 11 must attend with a parent or guardian.
- Youth ages 8 to 17 must have a valid Rec Center card prior to attending an orientation.
- Youth ages 8 to 11 must be accompanied by a parent at all times on the fitness floor, and are only allowed on the fitness floor during Family Fitness Saturdays from 10 am - 5 pm.
- Youth ages 12 to 17 may use the fitness floor by themselves after completing a fitness orientation.
- Youth ages 8 to 17 are required to place their Rec Center card in the holder at the fitness desk when using the fitness floor. Those without their card present may be asked to leave the fitness floor.
Fitness Orientation Hours
|8+||Saturdays||10:00 - 11:00 am|
|12+||Wednesdays & Fridays||10:00 - 11:00 am|
|12+||Tuesdays & Thursdays||6:00 - 7:00 pm|