Learn how to use fitness equipment safely and effectively.
Fitness orientations include demonstrations on proper use of fitness equipment and information on safety and weight room etiquette. FREE with Recreation Center admission. Please wear proper athletic shoes and attire.
Ages and Requirements
- Fitness orientations are available to everyone age 8 and older, and are mandatory for youth ages 8 to 17 who want to work out on the fitness floor. Youth ages 8 to 11 must attend with a parent or guardian on Saturday.
- Youth ages 8 to 17 must have a valid Rec Center card prior to attending an orientation.
- Youth ages 8 to 11 must be accompanied by a parent at all times on the fitness floor, and are only allowed on the fitness floor during Family Fitness Saturdays from 10 am - 5 pm.
- Youth ages 12 to 17 may use the fitness floor by themselves after completing a fitness orientation.
- Youth ages 8 to 17 are required to have their Rec Center card with them at all times. Those without their card present may be asked to leave the fitness floor.
Fitness Orientation Hours
|12+||Wednesdays & Fridays||10:00 - 11:00 am|
|12+||Tuesdays & Thursdays||6:00 - 7:00 pm|
|8+||Saturdays||3:00 - 4:00 pm
FAMILY FITNESS HOURS
Saturdays 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Youth ages 8 - 11 may access the fitness floor accompanied by a parent upon completion of a Fitness Orientation.