The Wheat Ridge Economic Development Division is dedicated to both the businesses and citizens of Wheat Ridge by providing you with a phenomenal array of resources right here in your own community.
Wheat Ridge has an excellent business community with a convenient location and easy access to major thoroughfares. Give your business what it deserves, a business friendly community neighboring both Downtown Denver and the I-70 Corridor.
Enjoy the outstanding quality of life with miles of open space, trails, and parks all nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The resources the Economic Development Division has access to will help your business grow and thrive. We are the business partners you need!
Follow us on LinkedIn. Contact Steve Art to be on the list to receive the Economic Development Newsletter.
Economic Development Newsletter- October 2017
If you know of a realtor, real estate broker or realtor who would like to receive updates on projects in Wheat Ridge, please ask them to email me at Sart@ci.wheatridge.co.us or click on our subscription link above. If you did not receive this month's edition, please call or send me an email.
Econ Dev October 2017 Newsletter
2019 Business Appreciation Awards
The City of Wheat Ridge, Wheat Ridge Business Association (WRBA), and the Wheat Ridge Chamber of Commerce recognized outstanding businesses in the community announced at the 16th Annual Business Appreciation Awards Breakfast. Local leaders and members of the business community joined Wheat Ridge Mayor Bud Starker to honor the achievements of Wheat Ridge businesses. News Release
The 2019 award recipients are:
- Business of the Year – Bardo Coffee House
- Reinvestment Award – All Sacred and Ritual Craft; Ziggi’s Coffee
- Cultural Commission Award – Craft Box
- City Council Partnership Award – Joyce Manwaring, former Director of Parks & Rec; The Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Committee
- Mayor’s Partnership Award – Dan Brennan, former Chief of Wheat Ridge Police
- WRBA Rising Star Award – Ashley Holland, Localworks
- WRBA Member of the Year – Cheryl Blum Garcia, Legal Shield
- Wheat Ridge Chamber Business of the Year – Grabbies Media
- Wheat Ridge Chamber Non-Profit – Family Tree
Economic Development Strategic Plan
The Economic Development Strategic Plan (EDSP) consists of information taken from other planning documents that have gone through the public review and input process and have also been approved by Wheat Ridge City Council, including the Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS), various Renewal Wheat Ridge plans, and Envision Wheat Ridge.