Fitness & Wellness
- Drop-in Group Fitness Classes
- Personal Training
- Massage, Reiki & Reflexology
Drop-in Group Fitness
We offer more than 100 drop-in group fitness classes each week to accommodate busy schedules and help you reach your fitness goals.
Wheat Ridge Recreation Center
Active Adult Center
All of our fitness instructors maintain nationally recognized fitness certifications as well as an American Red Cross First Aide and CPR/AED certification.
Let's Get To Work!
Backed by science and delivered with passion, our trainers will develop a personalized training program that fits your body and lifestyle.
Meet the Trainers!
Intro Session: $60 (non-res. $65)
1 HR Assessment + 1 HR Training (Required to begin personal training.)
30 Min Training: $25 (non-res. $30)
60 Min Training: $40 (non-res. $45)
Annual PackagesIncludes weekly personal training, 3 assessments and an annual pass to the Rec Center.
:$300 per month (non-res. $305)
Ready to Get Started?
SilverSneakers® is the nation's leading fitness program designed exclusively for older active adults. With this program you can:
- Get free admission to the Recreation Center.
- Attend SilverSneakers classes and other drop-in fitness classes at the Recreation Center and Active Adult Center.
- Get discounts on other recreation classes and programs.
- Enjoy fun, social activities with other people like you!
There's a Good Chance You're Eligibile!
Did you know 1 out of 5 people age 65 and older are eligible for this fitness benefit? If you're a group retiree or part of a Medicare health plan, you may already have a SilverSneakers® membership.
To find out if you qualify:
Visit SilverSneakers® website.
Call the Recreation Center 303-231-1300.
More than just aahh - massage therapy is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
- Improve range of motion
- Enhance circulation
- Increase joint flexibility
- Promote tissue generation and healing
- Lessen stress, anxiety, depression
- Stretch, relax and soften injured, tired and overused muscles
An energy healing treatment that works holistically on the body, mind and spirit.
- Relieve stress and pain
- Induce relaxation
- Release emotional blockages
- Accelerate natural healing
Reflexology involves applying pressure to specific areas in the hands, feet, and ears that affect connected reflex areas of the body.
- Stimulate nerve function
- Increase energy
- Boost circulation
- Induce a deep state of relaxation
- Eliminate toxins
- Stimulate central nervous system
- Prevent migraines
30 Minute: $30 (non-res. $35)
60 Minute: $55 (non-res. $60)
90 Minute: $75 (non-res. $80)
6 Sessions: $285 (non-res. $290)
12 Sessions: $540 (non-res. $545)
6 Sessions: $400 (non-res. $405)
12 Sessions: $780 (non-res. $785)
For people going through cancer treatment or recovery, the thought of working out may seem overwhelming. But more and more research is proving that exercise has many benefits for cancer patients, including:
- Reduced fatigue, pain and nausea
- Improved cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength
- Reconditions lymph systems compromised by surgery or radiation
- Improved ability to perform daily tasks
- Enhances mood and reduces anxiety
- Refocuses energy from illness to wellness
Wheat Ridge Parks and Recreation proudly partners with the Cancer Fitness Institute to offer the CancerFit® program, which provides cancer-specific exercise instruction and encouragement for cancer patients, whether newly diagnosed, undergoing treatment, or in remission.
How It Works
CancerFit® is a 12-week program that meets twice a week for workout sessions with a Cancer Exercise Specialist and other group members.
- Pre and post fitness assessments with flexible scheduling
- One-on-one professional exercise guidance
- 3 month Recreation Center pass included
- Support and fellowship with other survivors
For more info and to register, call 303-231-1306.