Wheat Ridge Recreation Center Personal Training
A certified Personal Trainer consults with you on an individual basis and designs a fitness program based on your needs and specific goals. Our Personal Trainers are knowledgeable and experienced in a variety of areas including: chronic illnesses, cancer, weight loss, athletic performance, and physical and mental limitations. We'll pair you with a trainer who's just right for you!
Clients must complete the Personal Training Packet prior to the initial appointment. Physician approval is necessary for men over 45, women over 55, and youth ages 10-17 (form is supplied in the packet); the health history will be reviewed and you will be notified if a physician's approval is necessary. You will be contacted to schedule an initial appointment. If you are a returning client and it has been over a year since you last trained with a Personal Trainer, you will need to follow the initial process before training may resume.
Ages: 10 and up
**SilverSneakers discounts do not apply to Personal Training.
FeesInitial Appointment (one hour assessment and one hour training)
- $60 R $65 NR
- This appointment is required to start personal training.
- $30 R $35 NR
- 60-minute session: $40 R $45 NR
- 30-minute session: $25 R $30 NR
- Ten, 60-minute sessions: $350 R $355 NR
- Ten, 30-minute sessions: $225 R $230 NR
- $30 R $35 NR
- Ten, 60-minute sessions: $550 R $555 NR
- $15 R $20 NR
- $120 R $125 NR
- Participants must be at comparable fitness levels to follow the same workout with trainer.
- At least three participants must attend session to receive the group rate.
- One training session per week + three assessments + annual pass: $175/month R $180/month NR
- Two training sessions per week + three assessments + annual pass: $300/month R $305/month NR
- $20 fee will be charged to your account without 24-hour cancellation notice to your trainer.
Personal Training Process
- Fill out a Personal Training Packet and turn in at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center front desk.
- The Fitness Assistant will call you to set up an appointment for a Fitness Assessment.
- Attend your assessment. You will be asked to pay on the day of your assessment and this will include the payment for you first training session.
- The assessment will show us where you are at, help to determine what your goals are, and allow us to pair you with the appropriate Personal Trainer.
- A Personal Trainer will be assigned to you. Your Personal Trainer will call you usually within 48 hours to schedule an appointment to begin training with you.
- You are expected to warm up and stretch on your own before and after your training session to allow the trainer to focus on the exertion portion of the workout. Your Personal Trainer will give you a specified warm up to complete prior to the start of your session.
For information on Computerized Fitness Assessments and Bio-Electrical Impedance Analysis (BIA), please visit Additional Services.