Active Adult Center Volunteer Opportunities
We are always looking for people to volunteer in a variety of ways such as teaching a class or workshop, drive for our Van Trip Program, help with Special Events and much more!
If you would like to volunteer at the Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center,
please contact Megan at (303) 205-7500.
You may also fill out these Volunteer Forms and return them to the Active Adult Center.
* Event Volunteer: These are one-time commitments that last between two and six hours. Usually the opportunities include room set-up, food preparation, food service and clean-up.
* Group/Game Leader: This is for ongoing activities that utilize a volunteer to act as a liaison between the participants and the center staff. Responsibilities may also include communicating schedules, assisting with room set-up and clean up, as well as guiding the participants in the activity.
* Class Room Instructor: Teach a craft or skill set in your area of expertise. Time commitment is variable.
* Van Trip Driver: Drive our vans for the active adult trip program. Trips go out 3-4 times per week and last 2-8 hours. They go to many different places and activities range from concerts to skiing. You may choose to drive from 1-4 trips per month.
* Advisory Committee Member: Represent your peers at the Active Adult Center, by working with staff to fund raise, introduce new programs ideas, and share comments and concerns raised by participants at the Active Adult Center. Requires attendance at bimonthly meetings and contributions to the projects selected by the advisory committee.
* Front Desk Attendant: Welcome participants to the Active Adult Center, check in SilverSneakers® members, direct customers to their classrooms, do various clerical tasks for staff. This is a one-time per week position from 8 - 11:30 a.m.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Completed volunteer application, background check and release waiver on file.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Enjoy working with older adults.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.