Wheat Ridge Fitness Classes and Programs
Wheat Ridge offers a variety of programs and classes for a wide range of ages. For full information on class offerings and registration, please view the Activities Guide and Possibilities Active Adult Guide at Recreation Activity Guides
Recreation Center Classes and Features
The Wheat Ridge Recreation Center
offers a wide variety of drop-in aerobics classes for all abilities, ages 12 and up. The fitness area features free-weights, cardiovascular and resistance equipment. It also features a 1/10 mile indoor walking / running track.
Family Fitness Hours (Ages 8-11 with parent)
- When: Saturdays, 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Overview: Bring the whole family to the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center to workout together. Children ages 8-11 with adults will be allowed to use the fitness floor on Saturdays from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Both youths and adults must attend a Weight Room Orientation class together prior to enjoying the fitness hours. The Recreation Center, as always, reserves the right to ask any person not following policies and procedures to leave the fitness floor.
Weight Room Orientation (Ages 12 and up)
- When: Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:00 to 11:00 am; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00 to 7:00 pm; Saturdays, 10:00-11:00am
- Overview: Learn how to use the fitness area safely and effectively. You must wear athletic attire. This orientation does not take the place of a Certified Personal Trainer session, which is recommended for all fitness levels. Teens, ages 12-17, using the fitness area at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center must attend this class and have a special punch on their facility card in order to be in the fitness area. Parents are encouraged to attend with teens. Sign up and meet at the Fitness Desk.
Adaptive Fitness Orientation
- For information regarding Adaptive Fitness Orientation, please contact Rachel Wysuph.
Active Adult Center
Classes and programs especially for ages 50 and up are held at the Active Adult Center (formerly the Senior/Community Center) at 6363 West 35th Ave. These classes, as well as special events and programs, are listed in the Gateway Newsletter and the Recreation Activity Guides.
If you have any questions regarding fitness programs, please call the Recreation Center at (303) 231-1300 or the Active Adult Center at (303) 205-7500.