Clear Creek Crossing
Zoning & Development Approvals
In December 2016, Evergreen Development Company purchased the land from Cabela’s. Evergreen submitted an application to the City to rezone the property to Planned Mixed Use Development (PMUD), proposing to expand the list of allowed uses to include not just retail and commercial uses, but also residential, hospitality, and entertainment uses. The rezoning included an Outline Development Plan (ODP) which divides the property into 8 planning areas (PAs) which are shown in the image below. The Vision Book establishes the intended design and architectural themes and materials, and the Design Pattern Book includes the substantive development regulations. Public hearings for review of the PMUD zone change and related documents were held at Planning Commission on January 18, 2018 and at City Council on February 12, 2018. The three approved zoning documents are provided below:
In 2021, Evergreen acquired an additional parcel adjacent to Clear Creek Crossing at the northern terminus of Clear Creek Drive. This area is referred to as Planning Area 9. It was rezoned to PMUD for consistency with the balance of the Clear Creek Crossing development. PA 9 has its own Outline Development Plan and Design Pattern Book. The ODP is limited to residential, civic and recreational uses, and the standards in the Design Pattern Book are consistent with the rest of the development. Public hearings for review of the PA 9 zone change were held at Planning Commission on October 21, 2021 and at City Council on December 13, 2021. The approved zoning documents for PA 9 are provided below:
In addition to zoning approvals, a series of subdivision plats have been approved to create lot lines and easements for the variety of development parcels. In addition, the Council approved agreements between the City and Evergreen as well as between the City and CDOT to clarify obligations related to roadway construction and infrastructure improvements with and adjacent to the development.
A Specific Development Plan (SDP) is be required to be submitted for review for each phase of development. Each one will be reviewed by Planning Commission at a public hearing. As of February 2022, the status of the project is as follows:
- New roads, including W. 40th Avenue and Clear Creek Drive are completed and were opened for the public in 2021.
- Kum & Go, a convenience story and gas station in PA 4 opened in February 2021 at the south end of the site near the I-70 hook ramps.
- Outlook at Clear Creek Crossing, a multifamily development at the north end of the project in PA 2 is complete, and the first units opened for occupancy in spring 2021.
- Foothills Credit Union, on the north side of the hook ramps in PA 4, is under construction.
- Dutch Bros Coffee, on the south side of the hook ramps in PA 4, will be under construction in 2022.
- SCL Health's new Lutheran hospital campus is under construction in PA 1 and is planned for completion in mid-2024. Updates are provided by SCLH.
- SDPs are actively under review for several site plans: a Hampton Inn and Life Time Fitness on the west side of the site, a second phase of apartments in the far northwest portion of the site in PA 9, and a retail and restaurant area in the middle of the site in PA 3.
- Read more about the City's Planned Development approval process
- Read more about the required transportation improvements associated with Clear Creek Crossing
- Visit the Clear Creek Crossing developer's website
- The Lutheran Legacy (replacement hospital at Clear Creek Crossing)
- Learn about the master plan process for SCL Health's Lutheran Campus