Clear Creek Crossing
In December 2016, Evergreen Development Company purchased the land from Cabela’s. Evergreen has submitted an application to the City to rezone the property to Planned Mixed Use Development (PMUD), proposing to expand the list of allowed uses to include not just retail and commercial uses, but also residential, hospitality, and entertainment uses. The rezoning includes an Outline Development Plan (ODP) which divides the property into 8 planning areas, the Vision Book establishes the intended design and architectural themes and materials, and the Design Pattern Book includes the substantive development regulations. These three documents may be accessed here:
Public hearings for review of the PMUD zone change and above documents were held at Planning Commission on January 18, 2018 and at City Council on February 12, 2018. Subsequently, a subdivision plat was approved to create new lot lines aligning with the eight planning areas. In addition, the Council approved agreements between the City and Developer (Evergreen) and between the City and CDOT to provide logistics for the construction of roadway and infrastructure improvements to improve access and traffic growth.
A Specific Development Plan (SDP) is be required to be submitted for review for each phase of development. Each one will be reviewed by Planning Commission at a public hearing. As of February 2021, the status of the project is as follows:
- New roads, including W. 40th Avenue and Clear Creek Drive are completed and open for the public.
- Kum & Go, a convenience story and gas station opened in February 2021 at the south end of the site near the I-70 hook ramps.
- Outlook at Clear Creek Crossing, a multifamily development at the north end of the project is under construction; the first units open for occupancy in March 2021.
- Foothills Credit Union is under construction.
- SDPs are actively under review for three site plans: a Hampton Inn in the northwest portion of the site, a retail and restaurant area in the middle of the site, and a 25-acre SCL Health medical campus at the northeast portion of the site.
- Read more about the City's Planned Development approval process
- Read more about the required transportation improvements associated with Clear Creek Crossing
- Visit the Clear Creek Crossing developer's website
- The Lutheran Legacy (replacement hospital at Clear Creek Crossing)
- Learn about the master plan process for SCL Health's Lutheran Campus