Business Continuity & Support
- City of Wheat Ridge November 2020 Sales Tax Deferment Request Form
- City of Wheat Ridge Small Business Stabilization Program Phase Three
- Wheat Ridge Small Business Stabilization Program Phase Three Grant Request
- Energize CO Gap Fund Application & Special Evictions Prevention Task Force
- Small Business Alternative Funding
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- Small Business Loans from the Small Business Administration
- SBDC COVID Small Business Response Resources
- Localworks Business Adapt-ABILITY Loan Program
- Localworks Business Re-Opening Assistance Program
- Low interest loan program from Localworks
- Colorado Lending Source - Small Business Lender
Outdoor Operations Modification Program
- Colorado Restaurant Association Winter Outdoor Dining Program-Grant Programs
- Executive Order Waiver for Temporary Outdoor Operations of Businesses extended until Dec. 31, 2020
- Extended Waiver for Temporary Outdoor Operations
- Temporary Business Operations and Interior Modifications
- Application for Reimbursement of Equipment and Supplies for Outdoor Business Modification
JCPH Together We Go Forward and City Resources
- Signage for Business from JCPH
- Wheat Ridge Letter to Businesses Nov. 5
- Mask Request Form for Businesses
- Wheat Ridge Face Mask Request Resolution for Businesses
- FAQ for Mask Order
- Business Mask Request Sign
- Spanish Mask Request Sign
- COVID Best Practices for Businesses
- Updates from the CDPHE for State of Emergency orders including bars and restaurants.
- Business licensing in the City of Wheat Ridge and/or sales tax filing, call 303-235-2820 or email WRtax@ci.wheatridge.co.us
- City of Wheat Ridge Business Inspections The City will conduct business license inspections on a case-by-case basis when the business occupancy classification poses potentially significant life/safety hazards. All other business licenses may be conditionally issued without a building division inspection which will be deferred until a later date. Some building modifications may be necessary after completing this deferred inspection. Contact the City’s Chief Building Official at 303-235-2803 with questions.
New Business Resources
- Eat-Ridge is a new website highlighting food-related businesses open in Wheat Ridge offering takeout, delivery or curbside options. We are continuing to work on finding more ways for all us to support our local businesses in the coming weeks
- Biz-Ridge is another new website highlighting businesses throughout Wheat Ridge. Business owners are invited to enter their information. .
- Wheat Ridge Business Association COVID-19 Business Toolkit
- America’s SBDCs
- Colorado Department of Labor and Employment - Alternatives to laying off employees
- Colorado Department of Labor and Unemployment - Contains resources for workers and resources for employers
- Colorado Manufacturer’s EDGE - Resources for Manufacturers
- Colorado Small Business Development Center - Disaster Recovery & Continuity Guide
- Critical Business Self Certification
- Nonprofit support through Colorado Assistance Fund (PDF) - El Pomar Foundation
- OEDIT - Colorado Micro Loans for businesses with no more than 15 employees
- Office of Economic Development & International Trade
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Small Business Navigator Hotline - The State of Colorado established a Small Business Navigator Hotline and Email for businesses seeking general guidance and information on access to capital programs. The Hotline is available at (303) 860-5881 Monday – Friday; 8 am – 5 pm MT or at email@example.com
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Labor - Q&A on common issues employers and employees face during Public Health Emergencies
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- 5 Steps you can take today & Small Business Grants Program (Facebook)
Local Business Organizations
- Applewood Business Association
- Jefferson County Business Resource Center
- Renewal Wheat Ridge
- Wheat Ridge Business Association
- Wheat Ridge Chamber of Commerce
Local, State and Regional Information
Purchase gift cards
Purchase gift cards for your favorite local shops and restaurants. This contributes to the bottom line of that business to help them stay in business through this crisis while continuing our focus on social distancing.
While some stores are closed, products may be available online.
Shops that don’t offer online shopping may also be willing to take an order over the phone and have it delivered to you or enable pick up outside their store. It’s a great time to ask!
Dining at home? Order delivery or takeout. Call ahead and pick up – many will even deliver curbside when you arrive!
Delivery services such as DoorDash, GrubHub or UberEats are servicing local restaurants. (Note: these service providers charge local business owners an average of 30% of the total sale.)
Tip even for curbside/pickup or delivery
Have a steady paycheck? Leave a little extra cash for service workers – they are especially going to need the help. Consider a full tip on takeout orders, and leaving a little extra for the kitchen staff, too.
Senior Hours for Grocery Shopping
- Dedicated shopping hours for seniors and at-risk community members during COVID-19. Only shop once per week to limit exposure and continue practicing social distancing of 6’.
- King Soopers, Wheat Ridge, M/W/F 7-8 a.m.
- Natural Grocers, Wheat Ridge – no dedicated hours
- Safeway, Wheat Ridge, T/Th, 7-9 a.m.
- Sprouts, Wheat Ridge – no dedicated hours
- Target, Colorado Mills Mall, Wed. 7-8 a.m.
- Target, Kipling Ridge in Arvada, Wed. 7-8 a.m.
- Walmart, Lakeside, Tues. 6-7 a.m.
- Whole Foods, Denver West, daily 8-9 a.m