Wheat Ridge 101
About the Program
Wheat Ridge 101 is a free six-week interactive course taking place on Wednesday evenings from September 23 through October 28, 2020. Provided in partnership by the City of Wheat Ridge and Localworks, this program is designed to share detailed information about how the City of Wheat Ridge works, and to discuss strategies for effective public discourse and community engagement.
Wheat Ridge 101 will cover topics related to:
- City of Wheat Ridge Government and How it Works
- How the Community can Effectively Provide Input: A Value-Based Discussion
- Planning and Zoning Impacts on a Changing Community
- Building an Understanding of Infrastructure, Public Works and Engineering
- Engaging in the Fun with Parks and Recreation Department
- How the Wheat Ridge Police Department Keeps the Community Safe
This program will take place on Wednesday evenings from 6-9 p.m. from September 23 through October 28, 2020. At this time, the City is anticipating an in-person environment, but is prepared to move the program to a virtual (or hybrid) setting if appropriate.
There is no resident or age requirement to apply to this program. Wheat Ridge 101 is open to anyone with a connection to Wheat Ridge who is interested in learning more about the City.
Class size is limited. Applications will be reviewed by an evaluation committee and all applicants will be notified by September 4, 2020.
Apply for Wheat Ridge 101
The application period for Wheat Ridge 101's Fall 2020 session is closed.
Send an email to WR101@ci.wheatridge.co.us with any questions about this program.