Green Biz Wheat Ridge
Green Business Grant Program
The program offers project related matching funds of up to $1,000 on a reimbursement basis to commercial businesses in the City of Wheat Ridge for projects that increase the environmental sustainability of business practices, building(s) or property. The goal of the program is to incentivize sustainability improvements and projects for the Wheat Ridge business community.
The program will be offered annually and grants will be awarded, on a rolling basis, as funding allows. The application will remain open until available funding has been allocated.
Any for-profit, independently owned local business in a property zoned commercial or industrial with a physical establishment in the City of Wheat Ridge can apply for funding. Home-based businesses and franchises are not eligible. Any building owner or store proprietor/tenant with lease authority or authorization from the building owner can apply for funding.
Sustainability upgrades and services that support resource conservation and environmentally sustainable business operations can be funded through this grant. Examples include:
• Energy efficiency projects, such as the installation of high-efficiency HVAC systems, boilers, water heaters and heating pumps
• Water conservation projects such as high-efficiency toilet installation or landscape conversion to xeriscape
• Waste reduction projects such as recycling or composting services or the purchase of compostable materials
• Behavior change campaigns such as a discount for customers that bring a reusable container
Operating and/or staffing costs are not eligible for reimbursement.
For questions about the program or application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-235-2841
Other Green Biz Wheat Ridge Information
Colorado Green Business Program The City of Wheat Ridge encourages businesses to sign up with the Colorado Green Business Program in order to identify ways to save money and attract customers.
Sustainable Wheat Ridge supports Wheat Ridge businesses in the following ways:
- Partnered with Xcel energy to provide free business energy audits - 2019/2020
- Competitive Bike Rack application program - 2021
- GreenBiz Wheat Ridge Small Grant - 2021
- Green Business Recognition - 2021
Questions about Green Business? Contact Kayla Betzold at email@example.com or 303-235-2841