The Wheat Ridge Police Department is providing information concerning an individual moving into the community who is classified as a Sexually Violent Predator (SVP).
The subject of this notification has been convicted of a sex offense that requires law enforcement registration and community notification. This person has been determined to present a high potential to reoffend and is therefore subject to community notification regarding his residence in the community.
The Wheat Ridge Police Department has no legal authority to prevent a Sexually Violent Predator from residing within our city. Sex offenders have always lived in our communities, but they were not required to notify law enforcement until registration laws were implemented.
Law enforcement is now required to provide information, pursuant to C.R.S. 16-13-901 through 16-13-906, to community members concerning where a Sexually Violent Predator has chosen to live.
Julian Andrew Reyes has been court ordered to reside at Wheat Ridge Regional Center - Garnet House, 5225 Miller Street. This is a structured residential environment and is under 24 hour supervision. This facility is surrounded by an eight foot wall with a gate.
While awaiting entry to WRRC, the SVP resided at 1425 Ensenada Street, Aurora, CO, 80017. On January 23, 2020, the SVP was admitted to WRRC’s Garnet House, located at 5225 Miller Street, Wheat Ridge, CO, 80033.
- Name: Julian Andrew Reyes
- DOB: 09/08/59
- Description: H/M, 5’10”, 205 lbs, Gray Hair, Brown Eyes
- Address: 5225 Miller Street
- Occupation: Work Therapy Program
*Research indicates that most sex offenders have engaged in a variety of sex offenses and have offended against people they know as well as strangers, and both male and female victims of various ages. Most sex crimes are never reported and most offenders are never detected. The greatest risk of sex offense is from people you know.
- Guilty of First Degree Sex Assault (1977)
- Guilty of Attempted Third Degree Sexual Assault (Factual Basis) (1985)
- Guilty of Attempted Sexual Contact-no Consent-force/threat (2008) – Victim was known to the offender
CRIMINAL JUSTICE STATUS:
- Evaluated by DOC/Parole and found to have “positive results,” therefore, ruled to be a SVP
- Offender has completed his sentence and is not on parole
- Offender must register quarterly as a sex offender for the remainder of his life
- Resided at 1425 Ensenada Street in Aurora from January 20, 2020 to January 23, 2020 (resided in Denver prior to moving to Aurora)
- Admitted to Wheat Ridge Regional Center – Garnet House, 5225 Miller Street, on January 23, 2020
- This is a structured residential environment and is under 24 hour supervision. The offender will not be in the community unsupervised.
There are approximately 19,923 sex offenders registered in Colorado as of January 29, 2020, with 123 currently in Wheat Ridge. The Wheat Ridge Police Department is available to provide information regarding sexual assault and personal safety. The Blue Bench 24-Hour Hotline (303) 322-7273 is available to make referrals to other local resources to help those who have been impacted by sexual assault or this notification process. You can also visit https://apps.colorado.gov/apps/dps/sor/ or http://dcj.somb.state.co.us for additional resources. If you have information regarding current criminal activity of this or any other offender, or you observe this offender engaging in any high risk or inappropriate behavior, please call 911 or 303-980-7300.
*Anyone who uses this information to harass, threaten, or intimidate a registered sex offender, his/her family, or anyone involved in her/her management will be subject to criminal prosecution.
The information provided is current and accurate but may change with the passage of time. Notification of any change in residence for this SVP will be updated on this page. If you have questions, please call the Wheat Ridge Police Department at 303-235-2928. Information about the designation of Sexually Violent Predator
A bulletin will be airing regularly on Channel 8 and a community notification video from the Colorado State Dept. of Public Safety will air on WRTV8 Channel 8 started Feb. 10 at 3:30 pm, Feb. 11 at 7:30 p.m., Feb. 12 at 10:30 p.m., Feb. 13 at 8 a.m., Feb. 14 at 11 a.m., Feb. 15 at 6:30 a.m., and Feb. 16 at 5 p.m. Watch the video
SOTAR (Sex Offender Tracking and Registration)
The list of Wheat Ridge’s registered sex offenders can now also be accessed online. The Wheat Ridge Police Department has joined a group of more than 50 law enforcement agencies who utilize a unified sex offender registry system known as SOTAR. You can now search for sex offenders registered in Wheat Ridge and all other participating jurisdictions from a single website.