All developments are initiated by a City of Wheat Ridge Land Use Case Application or Building Permit Application processed through the Community Development Department. Documents and plans submitted with Building Permit Applications are referred to all reviewing agencies by the City Building Division. Land Use Applications will have a city planner assigned as Case Manager, and the submitted documents and plans will be sent out by that Case Manager to all reviewing agencies (such as the Public Works Department).
Other than single-family and duplex dwellings, the majority of Land Use and Building Permit Applications will require civil engineering and land surveying documents to ensure proper construction of the development. The Community Development Case Manager will inform you of the specific requirements for your land use application and the Building Division checklist should outline the Building Permit Application requirements. All civil engineering and land surveying submittals are referred to the Department of Public Works, Engineering Division for review. The Engineering Division Information Packet for Commercial and Residential Developments contains commonly needed information to assist you with the Public Works development review process.
- Site Drainage Requirements
- New Asphalt Street Construction Policy for Developments
- To help minimize your review time
- Construction Control Plan Instructions
- Guidelines for good quality submittals
- Civil Engineering Requirements & Checklists
- Submittals, Construction Requirements, and Inspections
- Detention Pond Preferred Plant List
- Development Review Fee Schedule